Summary of Key Points
What personal information do we process? When you visit, use, or navigate our App, we may process personal information depending on how you interact with Lomat, the choices you make, and the products and features you use.
How do you process my information? We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent. We process your information only when we have a valid legal reason to do so.
In what situations and with which parties do we share personal information? We may share information in specific situations and with specific third parties.
What are your rights? Depending on where you are located geographically, the applicable privacy law may mean you have certain rights regarding your personal information.
How do I exercise my rights? The easiest way to exercise your rights is by filling out our data subject request form or by contacting us. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Table of Contents
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use or otherwise process your information?
- When and with whom do we share your information?
- What third party service providers will you provide information to in conjunction with our App and services?
- How will we store and secure your information?
- What are your rights regarding your personal information, and how can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us about this policy?
Lomat Inc. (“Lomat”) respects your privacy, and we are committed to protecting your personal data through our compliance with this Policy. The Policy describes the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you, download, install, register with, access, or use the Lomat Mobile Application (the “App”), as well as our practices for using, maintaining, protecting, and sharing that information.
The Policy applies to the information we collect:
- On the App;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this App.
The Policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other App operated by Lomat or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register with, or use this App. By downloading, registering with, or using this App, you agree to this Policy This Policy may change from time to time. This Policy is further subject to the Terms of Conditions of your use of this App, and, consistent with such Terms and Conditions, your continued use of this App after we make changes to this Policy and inform you of such changes, as described in Section 9 below, is deemed to be an acceptance of those changes.
The Policy applies to all Lomat App users. This Policy applies whether you access the App through a browser, a mobile application, or any other method.
This App is intended to be used in the United States of America.
The App is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect several types of personal and non-personal information from and about users of our App. “Personal information,” as used in this Policy, means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to a particular natural person. Some examples of information we may collect from drivers includes:
|Identifiers||Name, postal address, email address, social security number or driver’s license number|
|Classifications||CDL type , endorsements or restrictions on license|
|Professional or employment-related information||Relevant work history, if any|
|Education information||CDL training, licensure, etc.|
|Geolocation data||GPS coordinates for tracking|
The information we request from clients includes identifiers, such as name, address, and email address. We may also ask clients to identify the classification of vehicle and type of driver required.
Note that Lomat uses third party providers to collect and provide information, including third party providers whose apps and interfaces are embedded in Lomat’s App. Those third party providers may collect (a) identifiers, such as name, contact information; (b) characteristics such as sex, age, race, national origin, disability, medical conditions, citizenship, immigration status;(c) professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, information relating to references, details of qualifications, skills and experience, human resources data, and data necessary for related administration services, such as onboarding and app approvals, services; and (d) geolocation data.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
How We Collect Your Information
Directly From You
You provide us some of this information directly, by registering for the App, completing forms in the App, subscribing to our services, or contacting us directly. We also collect some information through automatic data technologies, as described below.
Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Location Information for Driver: We (and/or our third party providers) collect drivers’ precise or approximate location data, including to enable clients to track drivers’ progress, to prevent and detect fraud, and to satisfy legal requirements. Lomat collects this data when the App is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device.
- Location Information for clients: We (and/or our third party providers) collect clients’ precise or proximate location data, in order to enhance use of our App, to improve order pickups, facilitate deliveries, enable safety features, and prevent and detect fraud.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser or App interface may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not want them to track your online activities. Lomat’s Platform is not programmed to respond to Do Not Track requests.
4. How do we use or otherwise process your information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present you with the App and its contents;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To complete DOT Compliance, Background Check Screening, drug/alcohol screening required by DOT, and payment processing;
- To improve our App, and notify you when updates are available;
- To recognize you when you use the App;
- To speed up your searches;
- For research and development;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide said information;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- To respond to legal proceedings and obligations.
5. WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will not sell your personal information.
For business-related purposes, including to optimize our App and the services Lomat provides, we may share your information, including personal information, with the following parties:
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates. Affiliates include our third-party providers, any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- Transferee. Lomat reserves the right to transfer your personal information to a corporate buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lomat’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lomat, about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- Clients/ Drivers. As described above, we will also share information about drivers, including but not limited to location information, with the clients who hire them. Drivers, in turn, will receive information about the client who hires them.
- Others. We may also share information, including your personal information, for any other purpose with your consent, or when we believe sharing such information is required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or government request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or other similar concerns.
6. What third party service providers will you provide information to in conjunction with our App and services?
In using our App and services, you will be following links and providing information, including personal information, to third party providers. Although Lomat requires these third-party providers to implement a reasonable level of security and to process your information in a manner consistent with this Policy, you should be aware that you will be navigating away from Lomat’s App and thus be bound by different policies and subjected to other security measures. You should familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of these third parties, which are listed below. Such parties may receive personal identifiers, such as your name, social security number, driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information, transaction information, such as payment information you provide us, device information, including your location and IP address.
Please visit our third-party providers individual privacy policies:
- Google – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
- Apple Store – https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/
- Apple Maps – https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/data/en/apple-maps/
- Firebase – https://firebase.google.com/support/privacy
- Payment Systems – https://www.mcbankny.com/privacy-policy/#p-MCBOnline
- Samba Safety – https://sambasafety.com/privacy-policy/
- Victig – https://www.victig.com/privacy-policy/
7. How will we store and secure your information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as taxes, accounting, DOT or other legal requirements). No purpose in this Policy will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 10 years.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
The security of your personal information is important to Lomat. We have implemented administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect the personal information Lomat receives from users of its App, as well as other personal information on Lomat’s servers. As discussed above, we require third parties with whom we share personal information to adopt similar precautions to protect personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the App.
8. What are your rights regarding your personal information, and how can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
Depending upon the jurisdiction and governing laws, you may have access to the following rights:
- Right to Know. You may have the right to request the categories of personal information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected the personal data; the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information; the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information about you, and the categories of personal information disclosed; and the specific pieces of personal data we collected about you.
- Right to Delete. You may have the right to request that we delete your personal information collected by Lomat (subject to several exceptions, when the information is necessary for us or a third party for the purposes described in section 4);
- Right to Non-Discrimination. Lomat cannot, and will not, discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
Note: To respond to certain rights, we will need to authenticate and/or verify user identity by providing requested information.
If you would like to exercise any of the abovementioned rights, please submit a request form by clicking here.
9. Do we make updates to this Policy?
10. How can you contact us about this Policy?
96 East St
Ware, MA 01082